University of Birmingham UAE Jobs – Jobs at University of Birmingham UAE Careers www.bham.taleo.net Find out University of Birmingham UAE Jobs in Dubai UAE. You can get news related to current job opening in University of Birmingham UAE Dubai Job Vacancy. Check coming soon University of Birmingham UAE Government Jobs in UAE.
University of Birmingham UAE Dubai is a great organisation there you can make a good career. Job seekers who are talented and wanted to do jobs at University of Birmingham UAE , then it is a great chance for you because of University of Birmingham UAE jobs opening news has published at University of Birmingham UAE Careers page which is www.bham.taleo.net. There we saw many opportunity for freshers and experience candidates who are interested to do work with University of Birmingham UAE . So now you can be a part of this Current University of Birmingham UAE Hiring in Dubai. You can read this University of Birmingham UAE job opening article till the end for now each details.
University of Birmingham UAE Jobs 2021 – Apply Online for Marketing and Communications Officer Job Vacancy in Dubai UAE
University of Birmingham UAE Jobs Opening:- Don’t miss this incredible offer announced for University of Birmingham UAE Careers. University of Birmingham UAE latest job applications are being announced for Marketing and Communications Officer job vacancy. Candidates who looking smart, young, dynamic, and experienced professionals against the University of Birmingham UAE Marketing and Communications Officer positions. Applicants should apply for this position on before last date.
University of Birmingham UAE Dubai Job Vacancy 2021 Details
|Name of Recruitment||University of Birmingham UAE Recruitment 2021|
|Job Location||Jobs in Dubai|
|Name of Job Opening||Marketing and Communications Officer Jobs|
|Job Type||Jobs in UAE|
|Salary Range||AED 12,006 per month (Not Confirm)|
University of Birmingham UAE Jobs Description 2021
Marketing and Communications Officer (Dubai) – Dubai Operations – 59765D – Grade 6
Dubai Professional Services, External Relations
University of Birmingham, Dubai campus
Location: Dubai, UAE
University of Birmingham Dubai
Having established ourselves in Dubai International Academic City in 2018 we are now moving to a new and exciting phase of our development with the opening of our new state-of-the-art campus in September 2021. This post represents an excellent opportunity to join an ambitious World Top 100 University as we continue to grow our long-term strategic mission in Dubai, the UAE and the wider region. Our campus reflects the very best of Birmingham through our presence in Dubai.
Professional Services Ethos
Our ethos as a Professional Services team has been developed in line with the principles of being a Birmingham Professional. In particular, here in Dubai, this means that all Professional Services colleagues seek to collaborate effectively to ensure the needs of the whole campus community and our stakeholders are met. It also means that we work constructively together to provide a flexible range of service and support that adapt to the changing needs of the Campus as we grow. There are specific focal points in the academic cycle when all Professional Services team members will be expected to contribute regardless of their primary role, for example Welcome or Graduation. In addition, the duties listed below are illustrative of the general nature and level of responsibility of this post which is likely to change over time in response to the needs of the Campus and as you develop your experience and skills. You will have the opportunity to develop and may also need to specialise your duties further, over time, in agreement with your manager.
In order to contribute to the success of the team and the University’s vision for the Dubai Campus the Professional Services team will be seeking to continue to recruit and develop colleagues who display:
- a high level of intellectual aptitude;
- strong agility and a portfolio of skills that can adapt to meet changing circumstances;
- an innovative and creative mindset; and
- both an enterprising and entrepreneurial nature to support our growth and pursuit of excellence.
The role of Marketing and Communications Officer is a key part of the Business Development and Engagement areas remit. This area is responsible for sales and marketing, business development, external engagement, communications, brand and reputation, and admissions for the Dubai campus. The team play a critical role in the future success of the University, delivering against student recruitment and other income targets, building key stakeholder relationships in the region and taking responsibility for the overall brand and reputation of the University’s only campus outside of the UK. It is a dynamic team which works closely with colleagues from across campus and in partnership with teams based in the UK. Team colleagues also have close connections to external partners in the UAE and other key recruitment markets (including China, India and Nigeria).
The Marketing and Communications Officer works as part of the Engagement and Business Development team based in Dubai, reporting to the Marketing and Communications Manager, working collaboratively with colleagues in Dubai and the UK to deliver activity supporting student recruitment, external communications, brand and reputation.
You will have experience in a marketing or communications role, particularly understanding Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems and other digital channels, and with a demonstrable background in successfully building relationships with people at all levels.
You will have experience of copywriting, proofreading, and editing publications and copy for a range of channels including print, online and social media. Using your experience of PR and media relations, you will maximise coverage in relevant online and offline media. You should have the ability to engage with journalists and pitch story opportunities to them. You will have the ability to understand complicated information and communicate it clearly and concisely. You will be required to use your judgement in solving problems, identifying market opportunities and will be comfortable working with external agencies to plan and deliver campaigns. You must have excellent communication skills and be able to confidently deal with a wide range of internal stakeholders.
- Promotes equality and values diversity acting as a role model and fostering an inclusive working culture.
- Actively manages equality, diversity and inclusion through monitoring and evaluation and actively challenging unacceptable behaviour.
- Undertake continuous personal and professional development.
- To implement marketing plans with the aim of meeting student recruitment targets. This will include advertising, print, digital, social media, calling campaigns, and CRM activity. Proactively suggesting improvements to plans where appropriate.
- With input from colleagues in Dubai and the UK, identify and bring together content to be crafted into marketing copy for a range of channels (including print, CRM, web and social) across all levels of study (Foundation, Undergraduate, Postgraduate, CPD)
- To be responsible for delivering recruitment communications, including copywriting, proof reading and editing copy for the annual prospectus and other materials
- To work with current students to develop a series of profiles and engage students in recruitment and marketing activity
- To develop and implement appropriate CRM strategies
- To develop and implement content plans for social media channels including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- To produce content plans for and upload content to the website
- Working with an external advertising agency, implement targeted and appropriate advertising campaigns (print and digital)
- With Recruitment colleagues and other members of the team, manage Open Days and other campus-based activities in order to engage with prospective students
- To liaise with the Marketing and Creative Media teams in the UK over brand, print, photography and video production
- Monitor digital advertising campaigns and adjust campaign spend accordingly
- Oversee the implementation of calling campaigns to prospective students
- Ensure consistency of content, tone of voice and brand across all channels
- Develop and implement a strategic plan with appropriate KPIs that uses a range of methods for communication of news, events and educational/research impact and engagement with stakeholders. This will involve multiple online and physical channels.
- Develop high quality communication materials and build on the existing UoBD online presence – taking responsibility for planning and delivery of online and social media content.
- Build relationships with key journalists in Dubai, UAE and the wider Gulf region – encouraging engagement and growth of media coverage of UBD’s academic colleagues and pitching story opportunities.
- Working with the Student Services team, deliver communications and engagement plans for current students.
- Deliver internal communications strategies for staff, working closely with the team in the UK.
- Work with UoB Communications & Reputation team and the Marketing and Communications Manager to deliver media and engagement activity.
- Accompany and advise academics, colleagues and students during broadcast and print media interviews.
- Monitor print and broadcast coverage of UBD in Dubai/UAE media.
- Respond to ad-hoc requests for strategically important communications activities and advise and implement their delivery.
- Working with the UoB Communications & Reputation team and the Marketing and Communications manager, play a key role in crisis and reputational management situations.
- Maintain the central communications and engagement plan – updating this as required and ensuring that activities are delivered.
- Use analysis to provide suggestions for improvements and adaptation of strategy and activities
- With input from colleagues in Dubai and the UK, identify and bring together content to be crafted into marketing copy for a range of channels (including print, CRM, web and social).
- Deliver communications materials including press releases, media briefing notes, publications and social media content – copywriting, editing and proofreading.
- Develop and implement content plans for social media channels including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Liaise with Marketing and Creative Media teams in the UK over brand, print, photography and video production.
- Other duties
- Build strong and lasting relationships with colleagues across the university, in both professional services and the academic community to enhance and champion our marketing activity
- Work in partnerships with colleagues in Dubai, UK and internationally to deliver recruitment targets
- Act as a brand champion, ensuring brand consistency across all marketing materials
- Oversee and monitor budget spend in relation to marketing activity
- Provide professional marketing advice, support and guidance to colleagues from across the university
- Support recruitment activities across Dubai, including events and school visits
- To be an active member of the University of Birmingham Dubai’s operational team, working collaboratively as the University develops in the UAE.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience
- Understands the importance of equality and diversity in the workplace
- Ability to identify and respond to equality and diversity issues in line with relevant policies and procedures
- Degree level education or equivalent qualifications
- Experience of working in a marketing or communications role
- Experience of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Content Management (CMS) systems
- Ability to interpret market research information to develop marketing campaigns
- Media relations experience with demonstrable ability to develop good relationships with journalists
- Experience of delivering multi-channel strategic communications plans, with confidence in digital marketing tactics and social media
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including effective copywriting
- Event management experience, involving internal and external stakeholders
- Can confidently represent UoBD at senior level to prominent and influential individuals
- Personal characteristic of enjoying working with others and has proven experience of building relationships with colleagues at all levels.
- Proven negotiating and influencing skills
- A proven, high standard of written and oral communication with an ability to present with confidence (when trained)
- Well developed administrative and organisational skills with a proven ability to pay attention to detail
- A creative and innovative approach to problem solving
- A team player but also someone who can work independently
- A self motivator
- Prepared to undertake occasional work in the evenings and at weekend with some nights spent away from home
Planning and organising/Problem solving and decision making
Without reference to others:
- Writing and uploading of copy to web pages
- Write draft copy for prospectus and other print literature
- Work with Creative Media to develop creative for campaigns
- Meet with colleagues from across the University to collate content, to be used across a range of channels
- Project management
After consulting others:
- Producing annual contact strategy plans using the CRM
- Approve copy for high-profile corporate marketing materials
- Develop campaigns with external agencies, considering the views of colleagues from across External Relations
- Set up appropriate social media channels
Would be referred to someone else:
- Making decisions on budget spend for campaigns
Internal and external relationships
- Marketing and Communications Manager
- Head of Engagement and Business Development team (Recruitment, Admissions)
- Wider Professional Services team based in Dubai, particularly the Student Services team for the delivery of student engagement and communications strategies
- External Relations colleagues in UK
- Academic members of staff
- Journalists and other media contacts
- External advertising agencies
As interest in all of the advertised posts has been extremely high, we encourage you to apply online, tailoring your skillset against the listed criteria in the application form.
Valuing excellence, sustaining investment
We value diversity and inclusion at the University of Birmingham and welcome applications from all sections of the community and are open to discussions around all forms of flexible working.