Southern Company USA Jobs – Jobs at Southern Company USA Careers www.southerncompany.com Find out Southern Company USA Jobs in USA. You can get news related to current job opening in Southern Company USA Job Vacancy. Check coming soon Southern Company USA Government Jobs in USA.
Southern Company USA is a great organisation there you can make a good career. Job seekers who are talented and wanted to do jobs at Southern Company USA , then it is a great chance for you because of Southern Company USA jobs opening news has published at Southern Company USA Careers page which is www.southerncompany.com. There we saw many opportunity for freshers and experience candidates who are interested to do work with Southern Company USA . So now you can be a part of this Current Southern Company USA Hiring in . You can read this Southern Company USA job opening article till the end for now each details.
Southern Company USA Jobs 2021 – Apply Online for Principal Research Engineer Job Vacancy in USA
Southern Company USA Jobs Opening:- Don’t miss this incredible offer announced for Southern Company USA Careers. Southern Company USA latest job applications are being announced for Principal Research Engineer job vacancy. Candidates who looking smart, young, dynamic, and experienced professionals against the Southern Company USA Principal Research Engineer positions. Jobs in Southern Company USA. Applicants should apply for this position on before last date.
Southern Company USA Job Vacancy 2021 Details
|Name of Recruitment||Southern Company USA Recruitment 2021|
|Job Location||Job in Atlanta
|Name of Job Opening||Principal Research Engineer Jobs|
|Job Type||Jobs in Georgia|
|Salary Range||$ 66,118 – 103,971 per year (Not Confirm)|
Southern Company USA Jobs Description 2021
Southern Company seeks to further its industry leadership in the development, demonstration, and deployment of new Renewable (R), Energy Storage (S) and Distributed Generation (DG) technology. As a key member of the RSDG Research and Development team, this position is responsible for providing leadership and direction for the development of energy storage technologies. This includes the oversight of the R&D energy storage roadmap and portfolio designed to enable net-zero carbon emissions by 2050. This position is also accountable for leading a cross-functional team to provide project storage development and demonstration support. The position requires demonstrated capability leading and developing energy storage technology development and demonstration efforts.
Initial assignments will include managing storage projects across the system, interfacing with existing research team and others within the system to determine research needs and direction and working in a collaborative mode in the industry to assure research needs are being addressed. The work scope requires the incumbent to collaborate with the top experts in the industry, colleagues and contractors, as well as working independently reviewing technical information in journals, conference proceedings, patents, textbooks and other reference materials to identify, develop, validate, and demonstrate a portfolio of new storage technologies. Significant travel will be required.
Job Responsibilities & Accountabilities by Competency
- Nationally or internationally known for energy storage technical expertise; invitee to speak at well-recognized conferences; invited to participate in large industry projects
- Lead cross-functional team to provide research support and business insights to ensure the efficient adoption of emerging energy storage technology.
- Develop, test and implement new energy storage technologies by leveraging available industry, private, and public resources to support different company initiatives and strategies as requested
- Executive level acumen and presence. Proven ability to produce pointed white papers on topics quickly when requested
- Strategy development including: program vision, funding, and project execution. Directs program area(s); uses other staff to carry out mission. Can ‘run’ a research project and seek funds and resources to carry out vision. Willing and able to handle multiple and complex projects at the same time.
- Be able to prioritize and attend to critical details and accurately scope out length and difficulty of tasks and projects to meet business goals
- Open to new ideas and new techniques and leverage them to positively impact business decisions and empower end users with appropriate knowledge
- Ability to establish effective work relationship with all levels of employees and customers
- Build and lead informal cross-functional teams to develop energy storage technology and tools and present project status and results timely and accurately to appropriate audience
- Ability to gain alignment with different opinions and represent a common point of view across multiple stakeholders
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentations skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset, challenges status quo, innovator, self-assured, self-starter; strong initiative is an important attribute for this position
- Proven leadership and teambuilding skills, with the ability to build and foster productive, collaborative and inclusive work relationship to achieve personal and company goals
- Demonstrate the ability to manage multiple project simultaneously. Must be self-motivated with minimal supervision required
- Demonstrate a solid sense of accountability and experience identifying and resolving issues independently
- Reflect Southern Company values:
- Safety First: the safety of our employees and customers is paramount and we will perform every job, every day, safely.
- Unquestionable Trust: honesty, respect, fairness, and integrity drive our behavior.
- Superior Performance: we are dedicated to superior performance and will focus on innovative solutions to improve our business.
- Total Commitment: we are committed to the success of our employees and fully embrace, respect, and value our differences and diversity
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or Science is required.
- Advanced degree (M.S., PhD) strongly preferred
Related Work Experience:
- 7 years of applicable working experience in energy storage, preferably in support of the electric utility industry
- Minimum 10 years of experience involving project management and/or energy storage project development
Applicant may possess a combination of equivalent education and work experience.
Specific Skills & Knowledge:
- Demonstrated technical leadership in energy storage subject matter areas. Proven independent technical expert with consulting experience. Proven industry leadership through participation on industry committees and task forces.
- Strong technology and business acumen with a working knowledge and understanding of energy business operations and drivers.
- Ability to conduct techno/economic analysis for presentation to senior leadership.
- Ability to develop relationships and positively persuade others throughout the organization at all levels.
- Creativity in solving unconventional problems, entrepreneurial drive to learn new skills and technologies
- Demonstrated relationship management experience
- This position may be located in either Birmingham, AL or Atlanta, GA and some relocation assistance will be available if the selected candidate currently resides outside the area.
- Competitive Pay
- Excellent benefits packages which includes:
- Medical and dental coverage
- Defined Pension/Cash Balance Benefit Plan
- Performance-sharing plan
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match
- Bonus opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement