Amtrak USA Jobs – Jobs at Amtrak USA Careers www.amtrak.com Find out Amtrak USA Jobs in USA. You can get news related to current job opening in Amtrak USA Job Vacancy. Check coming soon Amtrak USA Government Jobs in USA.
Amtrak USA is a great organisation there you can make a good career. Job seekers who are talented and wanted to do jobs at Amtrak USA , then it is a great chance for you because of Amtrak USA jobs opening news has published at Amtrak USA Careers page which is www.amtrak.com. There we saw many opportunity for freshers and experience candidates who are interested to do work with Amtrak USA . So now you can be a part of this Current Amtrak USA Hiring in . You can read this Amtrak USA job opening article till the end for now each details.
Amtrak USA Jobs 2021 – Apply Online for Sr. Electrical Engineer Job Vacancy in USA
Amtrak USA Jobs Opening:- Don’t miss this incredible offer announced for Amtrak USA Careers. Amtrak USA latest job applications are being announced for Sr. Electrical Engineer job vacancy. Candidates who looking smart, young, dynamic, and experienced professionals against the Amtrak USA Sr. Electrical Engineer positions. Jobs in Amtrak USA. Applicants should apply for this position on before last date.
Amtrak USA Job Vacancy 2021 Details
|Name of Recruitment||Amtrak USA Recruitment 2021|
|Job Location||Job in Washington
|Name of Job Opening||Sr. Electrical Engineer Jobs|
|Job Type||Jobs in Usa|
|Salary Range||$ 104853 per year (Not Confirm)|
Amtrak USA Jobs Description 2021
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Electrical Engineer provides technical assistance to Amtrak departments as required focusing on electrical and passenger rail equipment systems. The Electrical Engineer leads the review of contractor and Amtrak internal initiated designs for suitability and compliance with requirements and technical specifications. The Electrical Engineer oversees the rolling stock equipment and leads the development and execution of engineering programs and processes to improve the quality and reliability of the equipment.
• Leads and manages projects and analysis by utilizing available resources and team support to develop specifications and technical procedures for passenger rail equipment systems to ensure reliable, safe and functional operations.
• Leveraging electrical engineering principles, provides engineering solutions that extend beyond routine troubleshooting and routine diagnostic work.
• Approves OEM initiated electrical engineering solutions to material problems, alternate materials, obsolescence and continuous improvement change drivers.
• Leads the development of Amtrak initiated solutions for problems on rail passenger equipment systems.
• Provides design improvements related to equipment problems which are typically design flaws, retrofit and field modifications, and maintenance shortcomings.
• Understands the Return on Investment of design improvements to reduce failures and to increase availability of equipment.
• Participates in field tests, safety inspections, and warranty programs for rolling stock programs.
• Participates in FRA and NTSB matters as required.
• Systematically researches problems, analyzes failures for root causes and designs solutions while distinguishing between routine troubleshooting and genuine systemic problems.
• Conducts equipment FAI (First Article Inspections) and provides reports and follow up.
• Resolves field electrical problems with existing and new equipment.
• Reviews and improves (where possible) operator and maintenance manuals and instructions.
• Reviews and approves test procedures; assist as needed with equipment tests; leads design reviews and other complex technical meetings.
• BS degree in Electrical Engineering discipline.
• Demonstrated experience in Amtrak or Class 1 railway rolling stock maintenance in technical roles involving inspections, commissioning new rolling stock, troubleshooting, and turnaround servicing. The experience should include equipment maintenance, sanitary systems, power doors, and HVAC, or equivalent experience in another industry
• Demonstrated experience in railway (or another industry) quality control.
• Ability to read and understand electrical schematics and mechanical drawings for troubleshooting.
• Ability to independently resolve technical problems and be proficient in technical correspondence.
• Knowledge of how electrical systems are integrated with all the other systems as well as their impact on the entire functionality of cars and locomotives.
• Knowledgeable in areas of North American railway safety and regulatory practices including but not limited to AAR, FDA, FRA and Transport Canadian rules.
• Must have general knowledge of IEEE standards.
• Elementary knowledge of environmental regulations, signal rules, electric traction, NORAC rules related to train operations and physical features of the right of ways.
• Capable of effectively working with Legal Professionals and craft personnel.
• Project management and analysis skills.
• Strong computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft computer software such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point and Projects.
• Capable of developing and implementing procedures, modifications, and specifications.
• MS degree in Electrical engineering discipline or PE license.
• Working knowledge of the CFR-238 and basic qualifications.
• Significant engineering experience with a railroad or other technical agency.
• Familiarity with UIC standards applicable to railway equipment.
• Membership in an AAR, IEEE, or ASHRAE technical society.
• Working knowledge of Amtrak systems.
• General understanding of materials management functions and creation of Bills of Materials and material inventory changes.
COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
Posting Location(s):District of Columbia
Travel Requirements:Up to 25%
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. Marijuana, notwithstanding any statute, ordinance, regulation, or other law that legalizes or decriminalizes the use or possession of marijuana, whether for medical, recreational, or other use. Candidates who engage in the usage of marijuana will not be qualified for hire. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping Amtrak safe and drug-free.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR section 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety- sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Amtrak to obtain these records, he/she will not permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.